ADVANCEMENT VIA INDIVIDUAL DETERMINATION
AVID’s mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society.
GHS is a proud AVID site, excited to be sharing the experience with our current 9th through 12th-grade AVID students.
We have a total of 8 sections for this 2021-2022 school year with over 200 students in our program.
AVID Recruitment Timeline:
1/14 AVID Application information will be sent to Glendora students and parents through email.
All current eighth graders and current ninth/tenth graders NOT in AVID, visit the main office at Glendora High School, Goddard or Sandburg for an application. Click here to print from home.
2/11 AVID Applications due including teacher recommendations.
5/1 Acceptance emails sent home.
If you do not receive an email, please contact Mr. Turner at [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in AVID at GHS!
AVID Application Process:
- Completely fill out AVID application.
- The GHS AVID Site Team will review applications and recommendations. Students will be contacted about their interview date, time and location.
- Students will be notified via email whether or not he or she is accepted into the program. Space is limited and not all students who apply will be accepted.
AVID Site Team
- Administrator: Mrs. Norell
- Counselor: Mrs. Orosz
- Site Coordinator: Mr. Turner
- Elective Teachers: Mr. Turner, Mr. Merrick, Mr. Nakata, Mrs. Kassotis
- Content Teachers: Mr. Sullivan, Mrs. Manalo, Mr. Waters, Mrs. Mason, Mr. Fletcher, Mr. Shires, Mrs. Coats, Mrs. Rollon, Mrs. Reigstad and Mrs. Hart.